Structured, Phased Approach To Search
Planning And Execution
We employ a proven methodology with
specific objectives at each phase of the search. At the
outset of each engagement, we discuss timetables
and key recruiting issues. When possible, we pre-schedule
key meetings. At least weekly, we update our client on
our progress and review any search issues. We typically
schedule face-to-face meetings at least every 30 days.
Phase 1 - Briefing
Through consultation with as many client executives and
employees as necessary, we determine the background, experience
and personal characteristics that candidates should possess.
We conduct in-depth research into source organizations
to identify the best prospects.
· Determine and define client requirements
· Develop detailed written recruitment profile
· Develop comprehensive list of potential source
· Prepare and present a detailed report of our
Phase 2 - Candidate Development
The best prospects often have little or no interest in
pursuing a new opportunity when first approached. Curiosity
may be their only motive for exploring the situation.
In this phase, we need to focus more on selling than evaluating.
Candidate development continues until the search is completed.
· Initiate contact with
prospective candidates and sources
· Conduct preliminary screening evaluations
· Develop prospects' interest in the position
· Review and discuss candidate development results
Phase 3 - Evaluation and Selection
Thoroughly evaluate candidates' qualifications, accomplishments,
leadership skills and personal characteristics.
· Conduct face-to-face
interviews with best prospects
· Prepare written reports on best candidates
· Verify credentials and educational background
· Schedule client interviews
· "360 degree" reference checks (superiors,
peers and subordinates)
· Select best candidate
Phase 4 - Completion and Search
Facilitate hiring the selected candidate.
· Discuss and plan the
best closing approach
· Assist with structuring and extending the offer
· Special attention to relocation and other personal
· Hire the desired candidate
· Ensure candidate's smooth transition into the
· "Close out" other candidates and prospects
in a professional manner